Full Time Finance came to life in September of 2016. Below you can peruse our history by month for All Posts. Note the latest post is usually added here within a day of first posting.
- 30: 2021 Wrap Up
- 31: Are You Trapped?
- 24 : So We Bought a Travel Trailer
- 14 : Having the Tough Conversation with Grand Parents on Gifts
- 3 : So You have Inherited Money?
- 20 : My Changing Views on Minimalism
- 13 : Why Are People Not Efficient With Money?
- 6 : Should You Buy a Pool
- 29: A Reminder on the Importance of Power of Attorney
- 22: What is it like to Work for a Company that is Acquired
- 15: Mid-Year 2020 Goals and Status Review
- 1: Covid-19, Motivation and Change
- 25: Here Comes Inflation or Deflation?
- 18: Do You Need to be a Money Nerd?
- 11: Potential Problem with Starting a Business in a Crisis
- 4: Know your Customer, Career, and Worth
- 27: How to Define Success
- 20: How I am Investing During the Covid Recession
- 13: Now is the Time to Donate to Charity
- 6: How to Interview and Get the Job
- 30: What is in the CARES Act, the 2020 Stimulus Package
- 23: Leaner Financial Times Ahead
- 16: Falling Out of FI
- 9: Coronavirus and the Future of Business
- 2: Take Your Sick Time
- 24: The Impact of Your Boss on Your Career
- 17: Conflicting Emotions and the World of Fostering
- 10: Can You Get a Job Without a Degree?
- 3: This Time It’s Different
- 27: A look at Narrative Economics
- 20: What is Tiered Pricing? How Does It Work?
- 13: Watch Those Job Boards
- 6: Our 2020 Goals: A Change In Income
- 30: The Secure Act of 2020: What Changed?
- 23: 2019 Goal Wrap-up
- 16: How to Save on Holiday Spending
- 9: A Week In Costa Brava Spain for $175
- 2: A Shift In Focus: Career Expansion to Career Stability
- 24:How to Talk to Senior Executives?
- 17:Intro to Investing 3: The Value of Money
- 10:How to Deal with Burnout
- 6: Intro to Investing: A Look at Safer Investments
- 3: Introductory Guide to Investing: Stock Market
- 30: Late Summer Travel 2019
- 28: How to Deal with Layoffs
- 23: Being Content: Turning Down Money Opportunities
- 21: US Financial Statistics: Scarier Than Halloween
- 16: Stock Categories, Understanding Asset Classes
- 14: Should You Invest In Raw Land?
- 9: How Do You Decide Where to Donate?
- 7: 2008 Great Recession: A 50% Stock Market Drop
- 2: Do you know how your finances are protected? Read the Fine Print!
- 30: The Illusion of Safety and Your Portfolio
- 25: When Will Your Career Begin to Decline?
- 23: How Hard is Financial Success? Exploring Habits
- 18: Know Thy Enemy: Common Stock Market Swindles
- 16: Should You Turn a Fun Activity Into a Business?
- 11: The Value of a Conference: Fincon 2019 Recap
- 9: The Gift Tax Explained
- 2: Celebrating 3 Years of Blogging
- 28: How to Manage Paper Savings Bonds
- 21: Where are Things Made?
- 19: What Does It Mean To Be Rich?
- 14: Is Work Just One Big Competition?
- 12: What is Your Retirement Number?
- 7: Is it Beneficial to be an Accredited Investor?
- 5: What to do with a Financial Windfall
- 31: Why I Pay For Lawn Service and Other Conveniences
- 24: The Slow Middle of the Path to Finacial Independence
- 22: Are We Charitable? How Much to Give?
- 17: What Would I Do If I Lost My Job?
- 15: Nothing Financially Wrong with Buying A New Car
- 10: The Economy is Not a Zero-Sum Game
- 8: What to Do When Paying Off a Mortgage
- 3: What Career Insight Can You Take from Kmart?
- 1: Should I Invest in Emerging Markets?
- 26:Options and Option Strategy
- 24:Internships and Your Future Career
- 19:The Rise and Fall of Conglomerate Investing
- 17:How to Relate to Others, Conversing beyond Social Classes or Jobs
- 12:Situational Perception and the Choices We Make
- 10: 2019 Mid-Year Goal Reviews
- 5: The Paradox of Choice
- 3: The Case for Not Job Hopping
- 29: How to Sell a Vehicle Safely
- 22: How Can You Save Money on Kids Activities?
- 20: Life as a Foster Parent
- 15: How to Help Others with Financial Advice
- 13: Technical Analysis: The Problem with Trends
- 8: Why I Left a Career in Marketing for Education
- 6: Can I-Bonds Protect you from Inflation?
- 1: 4 Key Strategies to Achieve Your Financial Goals
- 29: Am I obsessed with Money?
- 24: How to Handle a Life Insurance Payout
- 22: How to Reduce Next Year’s Tax Bill: A Tax Case Study
- 17: 4 Powerful Financial Lessons To Teach Your Kids Today
- 15: Foster Care, A New Horizon
- 10: What Tax Reform Did and Did Not Change
- 8: Changing Values: Contemplating Selling my Corvette?
- 3: The Future of Private Wealth Management. Robots Are Taking Over As Your New Financial Advisor
- 1: The Quick Route to Investing Success
- 27: Unlock Hidden Value with Lessons From The Greatest Investor
- 25: Copyright Law: Blogging and Business
- 20: How to Prepare Yourself, Financially, for a Layoff
- 18: People Who are Poor with Money Subsidize the Rest of Us
- 13: How to manage your money with a busy schedule
- 11: Do Stocks Always Go Up?
- 6: Our 300th Post: Play to Your Strengths
- 4: Garbage in, Garbage Out: Data, Measurement, and Finances
- 27: How to Deal with Financial Anxiety
- 25: Tax Strategy Changes: QBI, 401K, and Withholding
- 20: My Issues with Frugality
- 18: Where Should I Invest?
- 13: What is the Optimal Asset Allocation Across Acounts?
- 11: Does Complaining Hurt Your Career?
- 6: That Time I Ran Out of Money: Liquidity
- 4: Inflation and It’s Impact On Your Portfolio
- 30: What Defines Someone as Wealthy?
- 28: Pollution, Economics, and Personal Responsibility
- 23: Should you Buy Disability Insurance
- 21: My Experiences with Prior Recessions
- 16: How to use a Dependent Care FSA
- 14: Staycation As a Cure for Burnout
- 9: Don’t Keep Dry Powder
- 7: Stock Market Valuation: When to Sell?
- 1: 2019 Goals and Resolutions
- 31: 2018 Goals: Year End Review
- 19: What Would You Do Differently?
- 17: Observing a Correction: Recency Bias
- 12: Long Term Goal Setting Beyond 5 Years
- 10: Late Year Tax Moves
- 5: Pension Value and Safety
- 3: Donations and the Road to FIRE
- 28: Tilt: Playing Long Term Market Expectations
- 26: Grass is Always Greener: Job Adaptation
- 21: Self Direct IRAs and Real Estate Investments
- 19: Societal Views on Wealth: The Next Millionaire Next Door
- 14: MLM and Franchises, Buying a Job
- 12: Be the Best You: Focus on Control
- 7: Is This My Last Job?
- 5: The Importance of Monitoring Expenses
- 31: Debt Payoff as Risk-free Asset Allocation
- 29: My Real Estate Investing Plan
- 24: Just Say No
- 22: Finding What You Value
- 17: Monopoly and Early Childhood Financial Education
- 15: Operations and Finances of Blogging
- 10: The Downside of Dividends
- 8: Near Death Experience: Safety First
- 3: A Letter to My Wife Upon My Demise
- 1: Internet, Technology, and Investing
- 26: Benefits of a Full Time Job: Downside of Early Retirement
- 24: Say No to Market Timing Bonds: History of Interest Rates
- 19: Reaching the 4 Percent Rule
- 17: The Financial Impact of Becoming an Expat
- 12: Job Changes and Imposter Syndrome
- 10: An Update After 2 Years of Blogging
- 5: Is Travel Insurance a Good Idea?
- 3: Smoking Meat as a Metaphor for Personal Finance
- 29: Insignificance of Time: Leaving a Legacy
- 27: How to Claim Unclaimed Property
- 22: Retirement is Not a Goal
- 20: Travel and Materialism
- 15: Is an Executive Position Desirable?
- 13: Brokerage and Savings Account Signup Bonuses
- 8: Job Choices and Your Career
- 6: My Changing Views On Marriage and Money
- 1: SEP IRA or Solo 401k
- 30: Is an MBA Worth Pursuing?
- 25: Dress For The Job You Want
- 23: Blindly Following Your Passion is a Bad Idea
- 18: Dividend investing kills two birds with one stone
- 16: Future Position of Stocks is Unknown, Peak Oil and Energy
- 11: Contemplating Location Independence
- 9: Rental Car Insurance
- 4: The Grasshopper and Chengdu China
- 2: Retirement Case Study: Retire To
- 27: Supply and Demand Implications in Your Life
- 25: 10 Days in Iceland for $3200
- 20: Why Travel Should Not Stop with Children
- 18: The Power and Benefits of Risk
- 13: Use Your Vacation!
- 11: Why you don’t need a Side Hustle?
- 6: HSA Investment Strategies
- 4: It’s the People Stupid
- 30: Outsource Versus Do It Yourself
- 28: Memorial Day Roundup
- 23: Changes in the Nature of Work
- 21: 2 Steps Forward, 2 Steps Back: Market Psychology
- 16: When Can You Self Insure?
- 14: How Insider Trading Affects Us All
- 9: My Privilege, My Mom
- 7: Time Management: Not Enough Hours in the Day
- 2: Stock Incentives: Options and RSUs
- 30: Is It Time For Market Timing?
- 25: My Advice to New College Graduates
- 23: Financial Fire Drill
- 18: Work Sucks, Sometimes
- 16: 7 Day Caribbean Cruise for 4 During Peak Season
- 11: Churning Strategies: What Card
- 9: Guide to Credit Card Churning
- 4: Queuing Theory and Record Retention
- 1: Extreme Frugality: Living in a Cardboard Box
- 28: Global Trade and You
- 26: How does inflation impact your costs and investments?
- 21: When to Invest In Your Business
- 19: 200 Posts and Some Updates
- 14: The Impacts of and Dealing with Sleep Deprivation
- 12: Perfect is the Enemy of the Good
- 7: Odds And Ends: Pro Rata Rule and 401K Discrimination Tests
- 5: What is Retirement?
- 28: Things My Kids Will Never Experience
- 26: Why and How You Should Do Your Own Taxes
- 21: How To Deal With Uncertainty
- 19: It’s All In The Framing
- 14: Do you Have a Hobby or a Business?
- 12: Heuristics and Their Impact on Personal Finance
- 7: The First Million is the Hardest
- 5: Starting a Business Part 2: Accounts and Taxes
- 31: Administrative Steps of Starting a Business Part 1
- 29: Time in the Market or Dollar Cost Averaging
- 24: Roth 401K Strategy and Tax Laws
- 22: What To Do With Failed Resolutions
- 17: Insurance You Should Never Purchase
- 15: Constructive Criticism and Financial Privilege
- 10: Making Hay While the Sun Shines
- 8: Determining When to Spend on Myself
- 3: Taxes are Changing, the 2017 Tax Reform Act
- 1: Our 2018 Goals: Looking Ahead
- 27: 2017 Goals: Year in Review
- 20: How to Save Money on Last Minute Christmas Gifts
- 18: The Impact of Tax Cuts on The Economy
- 13: What I Learned about Finance by Playing StarCraft
- 11: Defining the Upper Limits of Middle Class
- 6: The Benefits of an Employee Stock Purchase Plan or ESPP
- 4: Oops, There goes the budget. Barcelona Vacation
- 29: The Optimal Emergency Fund
- 27: The Pros and Cons of living Rurally
- 22: Indisputable Benefits of Multiple Income Streams
- 20: Playing Chicken with Estimated Taxes
- 15:The Importance of Finding a Good Mentor
- 13: Money is Fungible and Employer Benefits
- 10: Guest Post: My Plan for Paying Down Student Loan Debt
- 8: Money Begets Money: A Cabin In the Woods
- 5: Now What?
- 1: Emergency Preparedness in Place
- 30: Choices for Open Enrollment
- 25: My Thoughts on Alternative Investments: Gold, Bitcoin, and Others
- 22: Geo-Arbitrage: Income and Expenses Correlated?
- 18: An Air Bag Recall and A Free Rental Car
- 16: A Guide to Tax Efficient Investing
- 11: The Financial Impact of Kids, 12 PF bloggers weigh in
- 9: Are We Finance Experts?
- 4: Protecting Yourself from Financial Scammers
- 2: RMD and Choosing between a 401K and a Roth
- 27: What To Do About A Lost or Stolen Wallet
- 25: Our Retirement Withdrawal Strategy
- 20: World of Business Travel: Good, Bad, Career Boosting?
- 18: Setting Our Retirement Date: Why 55?
- 13: My Money Map: Simplicity and Automation
- 11: Are We In Debt?
- 6: One Year of Blogging
- 4: My First Investment, A Mistake to Learn From
- 30: Luck and Preparedness
- 28: I Can Not Afford It
- 23: Financial Diligence and Waves
- 21: A Week without Electronics
- 18: Guest Post: Teaching Children About Money Is Critically Important
- 16: Cash Flows to Calculate Your Investment Return
- 14: My Concept of Extreme Spending
- 11: Guest Post: The 3 Benefits of Destroying Debt Today, Not Tomorrow
- 9: Finance is Relative
- 7: Why do Americans do so little International Travel?
- 2: Simple Portfolios: 3 to 5 funds
- 31: Why I do not recommend Robo-Advisors.
- 26:Slow Things Down
- 24: What is the Sunk Cost Fallacy?
- 19: Root Cause and Lessons Learned
- 17: Wedding and Honeymoon for under $3,500
- 14: Guest Post: How to manage debt collection calls smartly: Dos and don’ts
- 12: Entrepreneurism in my ancestry, what can it teach me?
- 10: The Value and Rules of a Solo 401K
- 5: Millennial Early Retirement Increase is Concerning
- 3: When and how to Teach Kids About Finance
- 28: Prioritization when things get Busy: Critical Path
- 26: Avoid the Extremes
- 21: Important Dates and Goal Setting
- 19: The impact of Universal Financial Independence?
- 14: Too much in Tax Advantaged Accounts?
- 12: Power of a Well Written Letter on a Bad Experience
- 7: Of Charm and Pursuit
- 5: A four day break in Playa Del Carmen Mexico
- 2: Why You Should Never Buy an Annuity
- 31: Why my wife went back to work
- 29: Life is not fair
- 26: Declining Bond Price Impact at Maturity Versus Sold Today
- 24: What is Opportunity Cost?
- 22: Do you have a Good Job?
- 19: Which should I invest in Roth IRA or 401K?
- 17: International Business and Finance
- 15: What does the Personal in Personal Finance Mean?
- 12: Should I Use Credit Cards?
- 10: Financial Life Curve
- 8: Intrinsic Motivation, how to change yourself and others.
- 5: The Basics of Purchasing Individual Bonds
- 3: Why I don’t have a 529 College Savings Account
- 1: Are We Financially Independent? Risk Taking or Retirement?
- 28: The Importance of Umbrella Insurance
- 26: Right and Wrong Reasons to become an Entrepreneur
- 24: Cost of Failure is usually less then the Cost of not Trying
- 21: What Life Insurance Should I Get
- 19: Financial Independence is Born in the Crucible of Financial Failure
- 17: How did I manage to pay off $63K in Student Loans
- 14: The Personal Finance Word Game
- 12: Retiring Abroad, Travel, and Purchasing Power Parity
- 10: Comparison is Human Nature, To Resist or Give in?
- 7: Guest Post: Student Debt Is Having a Big Economic Impact on Millennials. Here Is the Data.
- 5: Personal Finance: The intermix of Tactics and Strategy
- 3: Are we Frugal?
- 31: Help, I’m no longer able to Keep Up with the Jones
- 29: Life Style Inflation’s Less Talked about Downside
- 27: Dealing with Money Stress
- 24: What is Negotiable?
- 22: Sometimes Free isn’t Free
- 20: Why I do not use a Budget
- 17: When you Fail to Reach your Goals
- 15: Game Theory and Personal Finance
- 13: Local Travel is a Great Way to Experience New Things
- 10: Credit Score Importance
- 8: How and When to Rebalance your Portfolio
- 6: Getting Others to Change their Mind through Active Listening
- 3: Individual Bonds Versus Bond Funds
- 1: Are we in a Stock Market Bubble?
- 27: Net Worth is Not All That Important For My Financial Plans
- 24: Traveling to the Caribbean, Martinique on $300
- 22: Penny Wise, Pound Foolish
- 20: Bad Debt and Gray Debt: Leverage
- 17: Dealing With The Sophomore Slump
- 15: Show Me Your Friends
- 13: Use Credit Cards to Manage Cash Flow
- 10: Should I Write A Blog
- 8: Persistence and Financial Success
- 5: The Secret to My Financial Success
- 3: The Economic Value of Immigration
- 1: Travel Hacking: See the World On Spare Change
- 30: A Subtle Pause, Improve your Negotiation Technique
- 27: How to deal with Child Care Costs
- 24: Impact of Computers on your Personal Finance Decisions
- 23: Adjusting to Major Income Changes
- 20: Low Cost Cell Phone Carriers
- 18: Confessions of a Manager: Tips For Getting A Raise
- 16: Understanding Data Analysis
- 13: What is Counter Party Risk?
- 11: Why You Should Read Financial Business News
- 9: Money Doesn’t Buy Happiness, Money Buys Options.
- 6: Gen X Finance Blogs
- 4: The Benefits of a CD Ladder for Safe Investments
- 2: Value of Time
- 30: My New Year’s Resolutions
- 28: The Origin Story
- 26: Make Your Self Stand Out to Get Ahead: Differentiation
- 23: Meeting and Adjusting Milestones
- 21: What to do with a Surprise Windfall?
- 19: Why You Should Always Promote Your Brand
- 16: How to Setup an Investment Plan
- 14: Plan for Financial Success
- 12: Why should you practice Stealth Wealth?
- 9: The World of Free
- 7: How can you keep holiday costs in check?
- 5: Problems with Reaching for Yield
- 2: Beware of Prizes Bearing Taxes
- 30: Why Should I Invest in Bonds?
- 28: What is Marginal Utility?
- 25: How do Bond Funds Work?
- 23: How to Get a Good Deal on Electronics
- 21: The Impacts of Pricing Theory on What We Pay
- 18: Should I Invest in International Stocks?
- 16: Account Simplicity, Escheatment and other Concerns
- 14: How to Calculate Net Worth
- 11: A Risk Free and Tax Free 3.5% Return: Savings Bonds
- 9: The Financial Impacts of Hoarding
- 6: The Case for Financial Planners
- 4: The Fallacy of Cause Based Investing
- 2: Perceptions of the Value of Money
- 30: Market News Reaction and Overreaction
- 28: Prepay Your Mortgage or Invest?
- 26: Financial Moderation is key to Success
- 23: The Single Largest Hurdle to Portfolio Returns
- 21: How to Climb the Corporate Ladder
- 19: Technological Progress, your Career, and Karl Marx
- 16: Reasons to do a No Closing Cost Refinance
- 14: Becoming a Single Income Family
- 12: Dividends are not a Replacement for Bonds
- 9: The Benefits of Financial Independence
- 7: Online Finance Education Options
- 5: Which should you choose, Mutual Funds or ETFs?
- 2: How to Increase your Savings Rate
- 30: What should you do for Asset Allocation?
- 28: The Financial Power of Patience
- 25: Retirement Calculators
- 23: Investing for the Long Run: The Power of Index Funds
- 21: Setting SMART Goals
- 18: My Take on Early Retirement
- 16: Hacking a New Car Purchase
- 14: Understanding Perception and its Impact on Success
- 6: Leverage Your Credit to Get Free Stuff